Page 1 of 1
Fundamental difference between a MOSFET and BJT
Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:35 am
What is the fundamental difference between a MOSFET and BJT ?
Re: Fundamental difference between a MOSFET and BJT
Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:06 am
1. MOSFET is a voltage controlled device while BJT is current controlled device.
2. MOSFET is majority carrier device while in BJT is bipolar device.
3. MOSFET have low switching losses rather than BJT.
4. MOSFET used for high frequency applications while BJT is used for low frequency applications.
5. MOSFET need less power to operate rather than BJT.